Trev
Trev, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

My 2007 ex RAC transit has had a problem years nowe and

Customer Question

My 2007 ex RAC transit has had a problem for two years nowe and noibody knows how to fix it.
It turns over and starts fine in the mornings and when its cold or engine temp reads under 60 degrees.
when warm like after youve stopped for fuel or not stopped for long enough for the engine to cool right down it wont start.
I'll turn the key and it will turn the starter motor for a short time then cut out. i cannot hold the key forward and spin the motor, it turns once or twice then cuts out. It has always started but it takes up to 8-9 attempts when its warm??
its a 2007 T330 EX RAC swb van. its only done 92k and has been serviced every 10k.
New batteries hasn't helped. I've tried nothing else yet as it all seems to be very expensive guess work!
Any ideas?
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
This is MIKE , as requested..
Can you give me the Full reg number of the van..
Plus - when its cranking - just to clarify, the starter cuts out -and stops it cranking when warm ?
Rgds , MIKE.........................
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
This is MIKE , as requested..
Rgds , MIKE.........................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reg is VK57FWOOnce the temp is over 60 degrees its 50/50 if it starts.If its at 90 degrees it takes about 8 attempts.I turn the key to activate the starter motor. It turns over, cylinders appear to fire maybe once then it dies. Even with the key held forward the starter motor stops turning.