Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a Ford mondeo mk iv ( 2012 ) titanium x sport, and my

Customer Question

Hi Mike. I have a Ford mondeo mk iv ( 2012 ) titanium x sport, and my key fob battery only lasts around 3 weeks or so before the warning light comes on to say the battery is low again
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok this is an issue we see quite a lot of and is caused by the wrong type/polarity of battery
The batteries that should be used in these keyless fobs (teardrop fob) is Panasonic Remote control battery (3V CR2032 )
The ford part number is (###) ###-####
This correct battery should be purchased /ordered from your local ford parts department
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian. Thank you for you quick response. I have tried Panasonic CR2032 3V, Duracell 2032 3v, and Energizer 2032 3v. All with the same result that again after about 3 weeks the alert comes up on the display on the dash saying that the battery is low again.
Hi there thanks
Ok can you try purchasing and fitting this exact part number and monitoring the issue
If the message does return I would advise having the software levels of the BCMii ,instrument cluster and keyless vehicle module
This can be done through fords ids software as this can also be caused by a software mismatch/Glich
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Brian