Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford: Sean. Transit Connect, 2005, 90 hp diesel. battery

Customer Question

Hi Sean. Transit Connect, 2005, 90 hp diesel. battery warning lamp comes on after running the enging 30 sec. I have ohmed the Three wires to the alternator to be ok. Before starting the engine 12,7 V on the battery. After starting the engine, still 12,7 V until the warning lamp lights up. Then the Votage rise to 13,5. Could it be the electroniv in the alternator or corroded Connection Points? BR Steinar
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there BR Steiner , good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok if the smart charge wiring has been inspected (insulation removed and wires visually checked and tugged slightly ) as these small looms are very prone to corrosion
If these 3 wires are ok between the alternator and triangle multiplug on the fan shroud then the fault will lie with the regulator inside the alternator (poor smart charge signal /command )
When I install a new alternator to this year of connect I always replace the small loom at the same time to prevent any further battery light issues that could occur in the future (for customer satisfaction )
This small loom is avaiable seperarly
If you need the part number or prices for the loom or alternator please let me know
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian