Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, Master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Ford mondeo: I recently replaced the Sony 6 cd unit in my 2009

Customer Question

I recently replaced the Sony 6 cd unit in my 2009 mondeo titanium x with ford touchscreen sat nav all was working ie cd radio and nav but climate and bluetooth were not when I switched on engine heater fan would blow for about 10 secs then stop I have now refitted Sony unit and everything works ok again would a reconfiguration at ford solve this problem also would this process interfere with engine remap regards terry
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello Terry and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
A reconfiguration of the body control module by Ford should fix this. This should not interfere with the engine remap, as long as the engine software is left alone.
But did you check the wiring first, as you might have loose connectors or other (either way a software configuration is needed when upgrading to the touchscreen unit).
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy