Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford Fiesta: I can't release the right hand rear seat - only

Customer Question

I can't release the right hand rear seat - only the left side seat can be lowered. How do I fix this? Can it be done at home or does it need a garage visit?
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok does the Rear centre seat belt pull out ok
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes both seat belts work fine. The catch to release the seat is very loose and the mechanism to release the seat won't move. The seat won't budge at all.
Hi there good evening to you
Ok the fault lies with the drivers side rear seat latch (internal mechsnisim fault )
To resolve this issue you need to have a new drivers side rear seat latch
This requires the full right hand side of the rear seat back rest to be stripped down (this can be quite tricky to do if you have never stripped one down
The latch is bolted to the inside of the rear seat backrest frame by 2x40 mm torx bolts and has a cable attached to it that runs along the backrest to the centre seat belt (this is used as a locking device for the centre seat belt ie: when the rear seat is pushed shut it allows the rear centre seat belt to come out )
I can give you further assistance/guidance if you wish to strip the seat and replace the latch on your own
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian