Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford Transit: My ford transit(###) ###-####(old) won't start after

Customer Question

My ford transit(###) ###-####(old) won't start after fitting a new clutch and flywheel. Changed crank sensor. It is cranking and starting then dying. Any ideas? Garage come up with nothing so far
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok the first thing and most common issue we see after a rear wheel drive gearbox is removed /replaced
Is that the crank sensor mumtiplug and speed sensor multiplug are on the wrong way round
The multiplugs are the exact same
This would be my first port of call as it is only since the repair this fault has happened
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this has been tried - the van cranks starts and fails, Only happened since the clutch was fitted and they think nothing to do with clutch replacement - any other ideas?
Hi there thanks ***** would check the pick up signal from the crank sensor using an osilliscope as it may be down to do with the flywheel that has been fitted to it
Was it a solid mass flywheel that was fitted in replacement of Dual mass flywheel
Regards Brian
Hi there good evening to you
How did you get on with this starting issue
I have been looking through my technical notes and can't across some information from a few years back when one of my fellow technicians fitted a clutch -flywheel supplied by the customer fur a RWD 2005 transit
We exhibited the same symptoms you are experiencing
On scoping the crank signal we found the pick up signal was wrong
This was in the end caused by an incorrect flywheel (supplied from an auto parts supplier using reg number )
The pick up on the rear of the flywheel was different
I think it was to do with TDDI and TDCI being different but I couldn't clarify this at the time
But the fact it is only the clutch and flywheel that has been replaced certainly points to this
Regards ***** *****
Brian