Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford Fiesta: My fiesta 2007 has no power since I changed the

Customer Question

My fiesta 2007 has no power since I changed the clutch. Have tried to jump but I get no power at all, radio, lights and boot button do not work. I would like to fix my self.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delay
Do you still need assistance with this issue
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Er yes I paid £28 quid and I do still need an answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
This is not an answer its a question and is not related to my problem but is just stalling
Hi there sorry I just received your reply
Ok if you have no electrical power since clutch replacement then we need to look at the 2 earth connections at the gearbox area
One is held by the 13 mm top bellhousing bolt the other is a small earth strap held by 1x8 mm bolt
This has to be an earth issue as all that has been removed is the gearbox
So these earth connections must be checked firstly before continuing
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have checked both, the gearbox wire was off and I reattached it but I still have no power, I have replaced the battery with a good one (after attempting another jump. Could their be an issue with the battery terminal fuse box, when I attached the battery there was no sparking but the battery had just been running my other fiesta so has power.

Thanks for your quick response

Hi there
Ok just to confirm when you turn the ignition key you have no ignition lights At all
Or dies the ignition lights come on but the vehicle won't crank over (light flashing on dash )
Has the block connector with the 10 mm bolt been disconnected at the rear of the bsttery (strut top area )
Do you have jump leads avaiable
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing happens at all when I turn the key, no dash lights no engine noise. I have jump leads and have tried a jump but to no avail. No the block connector is attached to the engine mount strut.

Thanks Again

Hi there
Can you attached the black jump Lead between the negative battery terminal and connect it to the gearbox or to the body of the car (try both and see if that makes any difference )
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No difference at all, could there be a break in the posititve side of the system there seem to be some fuses attached to the back of the battery box

Hi there good morning to you
Ok yes this is the next step flip this fuse box upward and open the cover and check each fuse in turn these are larger inline fuses
It would be rare to have bliwn one of these but this must be checked firstly as in most cases it's a lost earth that causes the issue
Do the wipers or anything at all work when the key is at ignition on
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing works not even the little red led that flashes all the time on my other ford fiesta (same year). Fuses dont look blown, would the inline fuse be visably blown I don't have a multi meter.

Hi there
It's quicker if you have a multimeter if not you can remove them one at a time and look at the filament to see if it's intact
Some online fuses have plastic one side and glass the other and others are plastic both sides
I would also like you to remove the passengers side from outer footwell Thom and check the blu/orange Eire on the inline block connector to see if this has broken as this is the ignition supply to the cluster and is prone for corrosion
Regards ***** *****
Brian