sean
sean, UK Ford Master Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Tech since 2001 & MOT tester mechanic since 1984.
31670004

Ford mondeo st tdci no power

Customer Question

Hi I'm steve I have a 2005 st tdci and it has no power and I have got a engine management light on and have replaced both parts and it hasn't worked any ideas of what I can do the codes was 235 and 110

Category: UK Ford
Expert:  sean replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.
Where did you get the fault codes from? Do you have the P codes from the engine management? Which parts have you replaced?
Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A friend has a fault code reader I have changed the air flow mass meter and the turbo sensor a.

Expert:  sean replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. From you description the actual codes will be P0235 and P0110. If you've a replaced the MAP sensor (turbo sensor) then check the pipe work for the turbo especially the pipe from the intercooler up to the EGR valve as it's common for this to split underneath but check all the pipes including the air intake for the turbo. If possible check the turbo boost pressure to make sure the MAp is giving the correct signal. Check the actuator rod to the turbo vane link hasn't come adrift so causing no boost. Given the MAP and MAF sensors have logged codes there is an air intake fault on the engine. Check the EGR valve is working correctly. Start with these points, let me know if I can advise further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to. Best wishes, Sean.