Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

Ford Mondeo: How to change the mirror on the passager side

How to change the mirror on the passager side on a Monde Mk4?
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there , good evening to you

Ok can you give me your registration number as the procedure is slightly different on some vehicles
It is so I can clarify the exact setup

Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PE57HDD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,PE57HDD
Hi there thanks for replying

Ok I can give you detailed pictures on how to carry this job out but Iam waiting on my system rebooting(taking ages )
Is it ok to post back here later with the information you require
As pictures make it a lot clearer

If this is ok please let me know

Kind regard s in advance
Brian

Thanks for your pateince
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Send it to my email: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Hi there email addresses don't come up on this site just
XXXXXXXXXXXX
I can post it back here in the next 30 min s
regards Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I will wait.

graphic

hi there thanks for your patenice

firs of you need to remove th e door trim to gain access to he mirrior electrical connector ( step 1 is above )

2 ,remove the door handle bezel

1 graphic

3, next remove the grab handle cover andt the 2x25mm torx screws behimd the cover

graphic

4, next remove all the phillips screws from the outer edge of he door trim and remove the trim

graphic

5, dissconect the mirror multiplug

6, remove the 25mm torx screw that secures the mrror to the body

7 , remove the mirror

if you need anymore hep or advie on this issue please let me know

f you are completley satisfied with m answer/advice

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and Have a nice evening

Brian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, I am speachless. The old mirror is cracked so I only want to know how to get into the mirror housing and change the glass mirror. To dismantle the door seems a bit over the top.
Hi there , good evening
Sorry I thought you wanted to replace the full mirror
Okif it's only the glass that's needing replaced all you need to do is tilt the mirror glass fully to one side and with your fingers grip behind the glass and pull it outward
There will be 2 small spade terminals on the mirror glass if it is a heated mirror
After renovating the glass
Connect the new one and sit the new glass on place
And using a soft cloth apply even pressure to the centre if the glass it will click home
(there is a circle line of clips on the back if the glass that clip over the centre part of the housing

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX and have a nice evening

Brian
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN
Experience: SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE