Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics

Ford Mk 3 Mondeo: Water leaks into front passenger footwell.

Water leaks into front passenger footwell. I have checked the drain holes, which seem to be all clear. I am almost certain it is not coming from the screen bearing in mind screen is bonded. Could it be a seal for the pollen filter as someone has suggested ? Many thanks.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Indeed, that is the most common fault here.. Take the filter out..and inspect it - you may seen water in there.. if you do.. its the lid thats not sealing correctly... but, the most common cause is the seal around the base of the filter "cabinet"... You dont tend to see the water unless its built up in the plenum chamber there.

Check first that the drains are clear there...(unless thats where you meant / referred to in your question ).. then if its not that - you need to remove the filter housing... you will see the fixings its not a bad job really - clean it all up fully -and then rather than buy / use a new seal - I use a thick bead of silicone sealant...around where the unit fits - and then "plant" the unit onto it - and it seals really well/ fully curing the problem.

Just one other thing .. I assume you are not using / losing engine coolant... If you are, that would indicate a heater matrix leak... causing your problems..

Other than that - the problem will be as above.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Let me know if I can help anymore...

Meantime >>> Please don't forget to click the "Accept button" for me Now - Thank You ...

Please note , you need to press the Accept button even if you are a subscriber to justanswer - thank you again.

Kind Rgds - MIKE