Hello and Welcome back to justanswer..
My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to help / add views to your question as you request..
You can pretty much ignore the crank sensor code.. you can get this if the tests are not carried out when the engine is running or cranking - as its not putting out a signal.
Having read all through - your problem is certainly fuel / pressure related.
The code that is common on these is P0191.. and can also be injector pump or injector problems..(very common issues on these )..not necessarily sensor / rail fault... so bear that in mind.
There is a Ford technical bulletin on these issues to inc that and other codes... have a read through - I will give it you as follows:
- All models, 10/01-02/02 on...
- Engine runs erratically or fails to start.
- Low fuel rail pressure.
- Worn high-pressure fuel pump rollers and shoes.
- Insufficient bedding of rollers during early life.
- If fault present: Glow plug warning lamp will be flashing.
|High-pressure fuel pump, vehicles →04/02||1 201 232||1|
|Fuel injectors||1 152 989||4|
|Fuel rail||1 144 330||1|
|High-pressure fuel supply line||1 132 913||2|
|High-pressure fuel supply line||1 132 914||2|
|High-pressure fuel supply line||1 151 056||1|
|Fuel supply line||1 149 173||1|
|Fuel return line||1 212 259||1|
|Fuel return line (S, N, FIN, DK)||1 211 33||1|
|Pipe assembly, leak off||1 143 095||1|
|Connector, leak off||1 135 160||1|
|Kit, leak off||1 209 813||1|
|Gasket, high-pressure fuel pump||1 146 958||1|
|Seal, high-pressure fuel pump||1 201 247||1|
|Kit, protection-blanking plugs||1 204 234||1|
|Fuel filter||1 137 026||1|
- Access fault memory.
- Check for following trouble codes: P0109, P0191, P0251, P1211, P2288, P2291.
- If one or more codes present: Remove fuel filter.
- Drain contents, inspect for deposits (black with silver particles).
- If 11 mm diameter or more, checked using a dropper sample on a ruler: Remove fuel tank and flush.
- Replace parts as listed.
I would actually suggest you have the aid of a local Diesel Specialist on this - they are au fait with these problems and have all the necessary test equipment etc to get this sorted for you..
Im very pleased to have helped you ..
>>> Please don't forget to click the "Accept button" for me Now - Thank You ...
Please note , you need to press the Accept button even if you are a subscriber to justanswer - thank you again.
Kind Rgds - MIKE