Ford mondeo: ford mondeo 2005 2.0 ltr tdci. new fuel pump fitted

Customer Question

ford mondeo 2005 2.0 ltr tdci. new fuel pump fitted but will not pull fuel from tank.have removed tank,stripped and found nothing,blown through fuel lines etc. any thoughts?
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

try releasing the filler cap to see if this helps

if not then I'd try running a fresh wire directly from the battery to the pump +ve terminal to bypass any wiring issues

if this does the trick then you know to check the wiring and connectors to the pump and consider replacing the pump relay

let me know what you find
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
| think you are on the wrong track. when i said the fuel pump I did mean the high pressure pump. there is no other type of pump on the vehicle therefor myquestion has not been answerd. from the fuel tank to the fuel filter there is only a plastic pipe at the rear connecting to a steel pipe which runs the full length of car to another plastic pipe connecting to the fuel filter which is connected to the high pressure pump via a plastic pipe. i am unable to draw fuel through the system.
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 4 years ago.
Hi there , good afternoon to you

Do you still need help with this issue
Why Was the pump replaced ? For this fault

Regards Brian
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
diagnostics reported a fuel pump or injector fault. by independant breakdown company and on my own diag machine
Hi there Ok so you have fitted a new fuel pump but can't get the vehicle started Stat was the original fault crank no fire Was the glow plug light flashings at fault codes were logged What is the mileage What have you done to try and get fuel to the engine Just turning it over Regards Brian
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
have had an electric pump to try and draw fuel from tank to pump but it will not pull fuel through
Hi there Ok the best way to prime this fuel system is to use a one way hand primer
Basically the fuel filter must be completley fuel before these engines will start
Remove the out let pipe from the fuel filter ( the one that gies to the pump and using a hand primer connect it to the fuel filter and draw the fuel up from the tank through the filter until fuel is spurting out the primer
Reconnect the pipe to the fuel filter and crank the engine the vehicle should start

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT
Kind regards in advance and have a nice day