sean
sean, UK Ford Master Technician
Experience:  Ford Master Tech since 2001 & MOT tester mechanic since 1984.
31670004

Ford focus: warning lights wont stop flashing and wipers keep moving

Ford focus 2007 - warning lights won't stop flashing and wipers keep moving
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  sean replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can offer you some assistance.

The fault you describe is normally due to water ingress in to the fuse box inside the car. The fuse box is located just below the glove box and may have a small felt cover over it, remove this and turn the small plastic retainers to drop the fuse box down. This fuse box is also a control module for various systems on the car.

Make sure you have the radio code as you'll need it, disconnect all the connectors from the fuse box and inspect the terminals in the connectors and the terminal pins in the fuse box for signs of corrosion caused by water pay careful attention to the small connector marked roof 1. The water normally gets in to a connector on top, any water in the fuse box means a new fuse box, this will need programming to the car, as I said earlier the fuse box is a control module as well.

If water is in the fuse box you also need to cure the source of the water ingress to prevent a repeat failure.

Let me know if you require further assistance and I'll reply to you as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.