Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics

Ford: turbo diesel..diesel engine..lift..the throttle and idle

have a 1.8 ford endura turbo diesel engine.sometimes there is only limited power from the engine,especially at low rpm.if i lift the bonnet and pull back the throttle and idle up speed arm together this clears the problem,but only for a short while and recently it is getting worse.also the primer pump(lucas) on top of the filter is not always hard and it is possible to prime the system before engine start and whilst the engine is running.i have checked all the pipes for leaks/air ingress but can not find any fault.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

What is the vehicles mileage ?

What is its service / recent repair history?

Rgds - MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
mileage is 150000.service history is repairs to engine recently.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply....and info..

The fuel filter body / pump unit is common on these models for failing internally and giving exactly the symptoms you describe..

Given the mileage, the fact that you don't know its history... I would suggest fitting a new fuel filter first and see if that cures it..

If it does - great. If it doesn't ..or if its worse.. then fit a new filter head / pump... that should then cure this for you ... Again, a very common problem on these models that will cause what you describe..

I'm very pleased to have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.