Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics

Washer water not working on 1987 mondeo fuse can notfind it

washer water not working on 1987 mondeo fuse can notfind it
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

MIKE :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

MIKE :

Please tell me exactly which engine you have ?

Customer :

1.8

Customer :

when i pull the stick no waterand no motor sound

Customer :

you there

MIKE :

Hello yes.... Let me check the fuse location for you ...

Customer :

i hear its a ten amp black one but otheres say tere is not one

MIKE :

Please verify the YEAR for me ?

Customer :

1987 n110 vav

MIKE :

There are no Mondeos in 1987... If its reg is as above.. an "N" reg yes? thats a 1995...

Customer :

ok

MIKE :

So it is a N reg yes ??

Customer :

yes

MIKE :

Ok thank you ... Please tell me - have you checked the fuse box inside the car?

Customer :

yes but dont know which one asno iagram ndicating what one

MIKE :

No problem - Im going to create a pic for you and send it you ... give me a min or so to do that...

Customer :

ok

Customer :

if itsnot the fuse how do i ind and test the motor

MIKE :

Ok , there are two fuses you need to check for the washers - I have marked them both for you ...

MIKE :

I'll come to that in a mo..

MIKE :

Ok - for the diagram - click the link HERE>.

Customer :

myfuse box in th car ant like that there from left o rght in tw rows

MIKE :

The image isn't always the right way up..

MIKE :

so it may be the same - but you need to view it differently... If its the car you say it is - that should be the one.

MIKE :

If its not the fuse - you need to access the motor which is attached to the bottle... You need to jack the car up - remove the drivers side road wheel - and undo the front of the black under wing shield... and peel it back enough so that you can get to the motor...and bottle.. Grip the motor and pull it off the bottle... You can then test the wiring for power to it. Also - when you remove the motor.. check where it fits onto the bottle... there is a filter there that often gets clogged - which means the motor will not work...

Customer :

ok 1.8 ford modoN11O VAV FUE 20 AND 28

MIKE :

Yes.. thats right.

Customer :

SO I CHECK IN THE MORNIN G

MIKE :

Fine yes, no problem. Please don't forget the Accept button for me as you log out - Thank you ---and if you do need to get back to me tomorrow... come back to this post and use the reply button again.. your reply will then come to me. Best Rgds - MIKE...

Mike, Technician
Experience: 34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics