Bill
Bill, Technician
Experience:  City & Guilds
16358693

Relay 3: my 98 Mondeo Mk2..Heater blower..fuse box..instrument panel

Hi Guys can anyone help? my 98 Mondeo Mk2, Aircon+Heater blower has suddenly completely died. I have checked fuse 37,and relay 14, fuse box below instrument panel,and relay 3, main fuse box, they all check out electrically. My user manual mentions an auxillary relay 34, (fuse box bracket below instrument panel), but I have looked and looked but I can't find it!!? can you help???
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Bill :

Hi there.

Bill :

do you have a multimeter to carry out some testing.

Bill :

is this manual ac or semi automatic ac

JACUSTOMER-mm82hogu- :

This is manual ac, in that you have to push the button in to switch it on, and off and turn the knob to select the desired speed. Yes I have a multimeter

Bill :

good

Bill :

Check fuses 2, 23, 32, and 37 are all good and that there is a 12v supply going to them when ignition is switched on. 2 and 37 are also constant live.

Bill :

Next would be to check that the heater blower relay is switching 12v to the heater motor on the violet/orange wire.

Bill :

The next check would be both at the heater resistor and the fan speed switch.

Bill :

The switch actually switches the earth path through the resistor pack depending on switch position.

JACUSTOMER-mm82hogu- :

I will check the fuses and other things you mention but it will have to be tomorrow evening now, I will get back to you then if that is ok.? thanks

Bill :

no problem.

Bill :

you have a good night.

JACUSTOMER-mm82hogu- :

Thanks you too.

Bill :

check all those and if that doesn't highlight a problem let me know and we can check it further

JACUSTOMER-mm82hogu- :

Sorry, my problem still persists, but I had forgotten that I would be away from Friday to Tuesday and have not had a chance to revisit it, I'm happy to accept the answer so that Bill gets paid, but can I come back to this question again, if it is not resolved when I do get the chance to have another go at it.??