Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics

Ford mondeo How can I reset the engine warning light on a

How can I reset the engine warning light on a 2006 mondeo estate manually without the diagnostic computer? If light comes back on I will take to dealer but don't want to do it if it is only a minor glitch
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Are you talking about the "engine management light" - or the "service indicator " light ??

Rgds, MIKE...........................................

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It appears to be the engine management light. May uinderstanding though is the ford mondeo estate (diesel) does not have a separate service light.) I do get it regularly serviced but I don't trust the place I was going to and am now changing.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello again - thank you for your reply..

Ok... yes, you can't just reset the EML - engine management light.. If its on - its because the ECU - management computer has detected a fault somewhere.. and until that is traced using diagnostic equipment - and sorted out... the light will just keep coming on..

I can confirm too that diagnostic equipment is needed.

As you refer too - the Mondeo diesel does have another light that acts as a fault light in certain circumstances.. this is the whirly glow plug light...

If this comes on and flashes, that indicates management faults too - and needs to be diagnosed likewise as above...

You do need a garage that understands this and that has the correct equipment to deal with it as above / as needed per circuit.

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Edited by MIKE on 8/8/2010 at 1:10 AM EST