Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics
9261905

My 6000cd radio is showing locked 10, How do I get more attempts

My 6000cd radio is showing locked 10, How do I get more attempts at entering code? ( holding 6 doesn't work) also can't get serial
number by holding 6 and pressing 1
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

You are correct , you can get another attempt after Lock 10...

You need to do the following - exactly..

If the radio has Lock 10 in the display - this means 10 attempts have been made to enter a radio code - but an incorrect / incorrect ones..

You need to ensure you have the correct code for the radio.

To get the radio out of Lock 10 state - do the following :

1. Drivers door open - leave open.
2. Ign. ON. - Use RED key only.
3. Radio ON.
4. Press and hold presets 1, 3 and 6.
5. Ign. OFF then back ON within 1 second.
6. Release presets 1, 3 and 6.
7. Radio OFF.
8. Ign. OFF.

You may have to repeat the above the same number of times that is showing on the display when you started... ie 10 times for "lock 10 "..

Then enter the correct code and it will work..

Do not keep trying an incorrect code - it goes to Lock 13 - the radio will have to be sent away or taken to a specialist to be electronically unlocked .

IF you can't get it to work as above - do the following :

You need to have the radio switched Off - then On...

Then you need to enter the correct code as per norm... Its basically in Demo mode right now..

If it won't let you enter the code or give the opportunity - you need to kill power to it - either remove the fuse or the battery pos cable - that will kill it.. then switch on and it will then ask for the code per normal... then you can enter the code..

IF you still can't get it to work , then do the following :

Switch the radio On..., Then regardless of what is on the display HOLD button 6 in - until the display comes up ready to take the code again..

The enter the code... Be Sure you have the correct code - or it will lock up again and you may end up having to have the radio electronically un locked by a radio de code specialist as mentioned above.

IF you can't get the radio to operate throughout any of the above - you will need to have it to a radio decode specialist to have it checked out.

Again - be sure you have the correct code for the radio.

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Mike, Technician
Experience: 34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics