Trev, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician

Customer Question

how do I get radio code for 2000 ford focus zetec without removing radio for serial number as dont have keys or code frm previous owner and cant afford £30 to pay Ford dealer for it
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  neil replied 6 years ago.

Hi there hope i can of some assistance to you.

Could you explain your situation a little more?

Are you the original owner of the vehicle?

Can you let me know what stereo your vehicle has in it i.e 6000cd 6006cd etc it should say on the front of it.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry for wait. I got car few months ago but had new clutch fitted and obviously radio went off when battery disconnected. Its radio, cd changer and tape player 5000 rds if that helps
Expert:  neil replied 6 years ago.

Ok then the old style radios like yours unfortunately there is know way of getting the part number and serial number out of the set without taking it out unlike the new ones where you can get the numbers by pressing certain buttons.

Now there are two ways of sorting this out, first way is to go to somewhere like halfords and by the radio keys for around £5 then take the radio out and give me the numbers then i can get you the code.

Second way is to look in your book pack and see if you can find any information telling you the original suppling dealer of the vehicle from new, if you can find something then phone them up and ask them for the code and as long as it is the original stereo then it should work, now sometimes they will just tell you and sometimes they will not for security reasons in case it has been stolen.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
think I will probably have to buy keys then as last owner has lost the handbook that came with the car! thanks very much for your help. Wil come back to you when I have serial number. Where is the accept to click on?
Expert:  neil replied 6 years ago.

Not sure about that think it only comes up once i have answered the question not when i ask for information. get the information of the set and i will sort you a code out.