Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics
9261905

unable to open back door on ford transit connect van. central

unable to open back door on ford transit connect van. central locking works fine but door will not open. have tried to use release mechanism inside the van (yellow lever on inside of door) but nothing happens. Help!!
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Im afraid that it looks like some part of the mechanism inside has failed ...

You will need to remove the inner door panel to gain access to the mechanisms inside, and then you can manually open the door that way..

With the door open its easier to see just whats gone wrong and deal with it...

It could just be one of the actuators come off - but whatever it is you , you will then be able to see and deal with it then...

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need any more help ...

Best Rgds.. MIKE..

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hello Mike

thanks for your reply.

Have removed inner door panel but unable to get to anything to release the door manually. Have only removed door panel on lock side, do you think removing panel on other door necessary.

Many thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hi there Martin....

Im afraid so if you cant get to the mechanism in the one you have removed...

You should be able to unlock the door that way though - manually working the mechanism... but if you can't - if you remove the other , you should then be able to undo the bolt on the other door so that both doors open - and then you can deal with the original fault then....

Best Rgds, MIKE

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.