Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics
9261905

Ford fiesta: cv joints..I own a 1997 ford Fiesta 1.4 Endura-E engine

How do I replace my ford fiesta outer cv joints. I own a 1997 ford Fiesta 1.4 Endura-E engine. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

If you have done a Golf Cv joint - you are not going to find the Fiesta any different really..

Its a case of the wheel off - not forgetting to slack the inner / drive shaft hub nut first -
then undo the bottom pinch bolt on the bottom outer swivel joint - hammer or lever the bottom arm out - so that the hub swings free...

Turn the steering wheel right round to its lock - and pull the key so that it locks it there - thats a tip to keep the hub out of your way ...

Then remove the cv gaiter - and then, get a firm grip of the drive shaft...and hold it so that you are holding it inwards - toward the gearbox..

Best to have some help if you can , to hold the cv joint straight - level .. and then several sharp heavy blows with a lump hammer to the outer edge of the joint - and it will spring off... Its held by an internal spring clip.

Replacement is a reversal of removal.....

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.