Hi there tazmaz, n,,o worries Ok i suspect the remote fob itself is faulty eg,, internal corrosion of the circuit board etc,,
but before going and buying a new remote fob ,, try and re-programme the old remote here is the instructions for re-programming the remote key fob
Remote Transmitter Programming - vehicles with infra red keyless entry
Focus 1999, Fiesta 1996, Mondeo 1997 and Puma 1998 only
- NOTE: A maximum of four remote transmitters can be programmed to the vehicle. Programming must be done at the same time for all the remote transmitters.
- NOTE: Before entering the remote transmitter programming mode, make sure that the vehicle battery is fully charged and that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered (if equipped).
1. Turn the ignition switch from position 0 to position I.
2. Wait until the passive anti-theft system (PATS) LED is continuously ON
3. Turn the ignition switch to position 0.
4. Within 5 seconds of the previous step, hold the key in the direction of the infrared receiver then press and hold the unlock button on the remote transmitter.
5. When the LED in the key starts flashing, press the lock button three times.
6. Release both buttons and observe that the PATS LED and the key LED flash 5 times.
7. After each successful remote transmitter programming, another 20 second programming mode is automatically entered, up to a maximum of four times.
8. To program additional remote transmitters, repeat the procedure from step 4 with each additional remote transmitter.
9. The system will exit the programming mode if the ignition switch is turned to position II, no new remote transmitter is programmed during the 20 seconds or if four remote transmitters have been programmed.
10. NOTE: An incorrect programming procedure does not affect the stored codes.
11. Test all the programmed remote transmitters, by activating and deactivating the remote locking and unlocking functions.
if there is still no joy you will need a new remote fob , again use this procedure to code in the remote fob central locking .,
i wiill also give you a tip to save you paying ford 1 hours labour , swap the immbilisor chip from your old one to the new one , its the little glass tube inside the fob ( you will see it when you open the fob up , carefully ease it out with a little screwdriver and replace it ,
if you need any mor help on this please let me know
kind regards brian