Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics
9261905

Ford focus: the bonnet catch system is broken..release

i have a 06 ford focus and the bonnet catch system is broken with bonnet closed i can turn the key both ways but the catch will not release fells like something is disconcted. how do i get the bonnet open many thanks glen
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
Hello Glen, Welcome to justanswer..

You are correct - something has come disconnected..and that is the link rod between teh back of the key pock and the lock itself..

If you get a good lamp - look through the grill - you will see it hanging down..

Often with a log screwdriver or similar - you can judiciously work the lever back into place - onto the lock - and then it will work..

If you can;t do that though - or its broken - the only answer is to drill out the lock itself - and use a ling screwdriver to open the bonnet using it through the drilled out hole ..

You will need a new lock then of course... Common problem / solution ... but try the screwdriver through the grill first - if you can manage that - that will save a new lock..

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - Please ask me if you need more help...

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.