Trev, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician

99 ford: with power steering and ac...blown..fuses..passenger side

Customer Question

I have a 99 ford ka with power steering and ac. There is a short in the electrical system somewhere; I've looked for wiring diagrams available to download online and haven't found any.
It has blown several fuses, most recently it was the one to the passenger side headlight array. When I bought the car several weeks ago, the ac and radio fuses were both blown. Not sure if that is relevant.
I bought the car with the understanding that it needed a new alternator. Upon replacing the alternator, it drove a short distance and died. I then replaced the battery with the same result. I jumped the car to get it to start, and upon looking found that the aforementioned headlight fuse was blown. I replaced it, but it died again as soon as I turned the headlights on. This has led me to believe that there is a short in the system.
Please let me know if I am probably correct, and where to look for a short. Should I just trace the wiring back from the headlight to the fuse panel?
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello again...

This is MIKE who answered you before. I answered you asking for more information - but you have not viewed that . What you have done here is open up a whole new question...and I just happened to see it in the question lists...

So you have a duplicate here... What you have to do per justanswer rules - and also to avoid the risk of you being charged double for the same question / answer - is go back to the original question you asked ...and we can carry on there..

I have created a direct link for you .. Click this link HERE and that will take you back to your original question , the one that I answered as above.

I will now close this one for you for the reasons above...

SO go over to that question there...and to answer me if need be - just use the Reply button - on that post only .

( Please do NOT reply to THIS post....This is NOT a request for info - this one is closed )