Gary Robinson
Gary Robinson, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  25 years of working on Fords, from Cortina's to Kuga's.

ford: connect t230 90ps yellow engine heat light comes..cuts..restart

ford connect t230 90ps yellow engine heat light comes on when driving and engine slowly cuts out, turn off ignition and restart and runs again fine
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gary Robinson replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

The glow plug warning light will flash or illuminate when the engine management unit (ECU) detects a fault. This fault will have been stored in the ECU's memory and can be retrieved using a suitable code reader. When the light is flashing, the engine is put into a safety mode to prevent any possible damage occuring, this is why you feel a drop in performance. Most garages are equipped to carry out this check nowadays, so I would suggest phoning around for a quote. You do not have to go to a main dealer. The most common faults are faulty cam or crank sensors, but many other things can cause the light to flash, so guessing isn't really a viable option.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards, Gary.