Gary Robinson
Gary Robinson, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  25 years of working on Fords, from Cortina's to Kuga's.
11179493

I have a 53plate fiesta, the EAC failure light came on the

I have a 53plate fiesta, the EAC failure light came on the dash last night, it was fine this morning and drove with no problems but I am concerned

HiCustomer

Thank you for your question.

The EAC fail message means that the engine management system has detected a fault in the electronic accelerator control system. The problems normally lie with the accelerator pedal which has a position sensor attached to it or with the throttle body. A diagnostic code read would find the exact reason. A fault code should have been stored which the test will reveal. I would recommend a diag test in the first instance, as guessing what may be the cause will probably end up cosing you money. You do not need to go to a Ford dealer to have the test carried out, and most garages will have the equipment to do it, so I would recommend phoning round a few local garages for quotes. Having said that, if your car is running fine now, and the light does not come on again, then it may be nothing to worry about.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards, Gary.