How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32968
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have submitted all the papers for a civil partnership

Customer Question

Hi I have submitted all the papers for a civil partnership dissolution... it's currently being worked on and finalised in terms of documents the court required.. I get re married in 9 weeks is there any way I can speed this up, I'm getting married abroad expiditinl
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: U.K.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: A few some are saying I can experdite ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just a civil parentnership as think it varies from normal divorce
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 6 days ago.

Does your ex agree?

Expert:  Clare replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

We need to know just how far the paperwork has reached.

If in fact the Petition has been issued and sent to your ex and it has been acknowledged then all you can do is write to the Court and ask them to list an early date for the "Conditional Order".

There has to be six weeks between the Conditional and the final orders - UNLESS there is an overwhelmingly urgent reason to shorten this - usually involving a terminal diagnosis for either party to a further marriage or their very nearest relatives

If in fact the papers have not yet been submitted then frankly there is little chance of the matter being completed in time

Please ask i you need further details

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 5 days ago.

Does your ex agree?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
she agrees we are friends
Expert:  Clare replied 4 days ago.

The issue is not her agreement - the issue is where you are at the moment - has the paperwork actually been issued?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Not to us as if yet... it's due to go before the judge any time now... when I called Friday they said they were working on it... so what can I do to speed things up
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 3 days ago.

The fact that it is now going before the Judge will speed things up immensely. The judge will usually be able to action matters particularly if there is agreement from the ex.

Expert:  Clare replied 2 day ago.

For clarity - ar you saying that the petition has not yet been issued at all?

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 17 hours ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying AU$5.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Related UK Family Law Questions