Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Experience:  Ten year qualified Solicitor
96516752

My elder brother, younger sister and myself are all joint

Customer Question

My elder brother, younger sister and myself are all joint executors of my late mothers will. My brother has been acting as EPA for the past six years. My sister and myself wish to appoint the family solicitors who did the work for my late father, two years ago. My brother will not agree to the family firm and is pushing a firm close to his home on a cheap fixed fee. We have been in stalemate for two weeks despite numerous emails and calls. What are the options if he continues to refuse to instruct.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Nick H replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Not an easy situation and not one easy to resolve.

Expert:  Nick H replied 1 month ago.

f you cannot agree or someone move towards agreement then it will be a long process. If it eventually gets to be adjudicated upon then it will likely be penalised for costs and the estate will probably bear the cost (no one wins).

Negotiation at this stage is key.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. ***** call with the 3x Executors was arranged for yesterday evening. Eventually we agreed on The Family Solicitors (Horray !!!!) - subject to a fee cap in place, which has now been agreed with solicitor.
Expert:  Nick H replied 1 month ago.

That is great news - hopefully things can now progress