How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13459
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been alleged domestic violence and my daughter saw me

Customer Question

i have been alleged domestic violence and my daughter saw me 'hurting' her mom. Incidence happened because I was trying to protect my daughter from my wife's anger. Police was called out but no arrest was made. Social services got involved and children went into CPplan. I got supervised access to children which is only once in a week or 10 days. I hold a POT in community so I have been off work. I have not defended so far so social services think all is my fault. I missed out on CPConference. Now my wife has taken children to India in confidence with social services and without my permission. What are my options? Shal I defend ( risks - I want to save my marriage but that will put my wife off!), shall I complaint against social services for their biased/prejudiced approach? Child abductin reporting?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Birmingham West midlands
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes, once. they suggested to get a court order but I am not too keen because that would mean losing opportunities of reconciliation. I have been abused multiple times, feel embarrassed, but yes verbally, physically and probably sexually
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my wife also holds a position of trust and i dont want her to go through the same pain I am going through
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Social services asked me and in fact I felt under pressure to explain them why I am concerns re children safety In India! I told them I am worried when they will come in contact with their maternal grandparents. But I could not elaborate further fearing that my wife will turn completely against me. Beased on one sided knowledge they felt my children are risk free to go to India. My wife booked her tickets on the day of departure and sent me a copy of her itinerary while Cc in to social services too. But she did not seek my written conset. Children are 3 yr and 4r yr old girls.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
have concerns
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

When are the chidlren returning?

What do you wish to achieve?

Related UK Family Law Questions