Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Can preferred stock owned by the Husband be awared to the

Customer Question

Can preferred stock owned by the Husband be awared to the Wife as part of financial settlement legal proceedings.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the lawyer to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him or her to know?
Customer: Yes, same question applies to Husband also owing Restricted Stock, as a company partner and Board Director
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
By way of providing further information in relation to question listed above, these question are related to an enforcement of a divorce financial settlement Consent Order (including spousal maintenance and pension sharing order), and legal proceeding in relation to "failure to disclose" pension of "significant difference" during original legal proceedings. Therefore, Preferred stock, Common stock and Restricted stock identifed as owned by the Husband are identified as personal financial assets obtain post divorce. This case is based in the UK. However Husband company is registered in the US (Nevada) as demonstrated by SEC company filings. UK Courts have stated Husband's personal financial assets accumulated post the divorce and Order being made can be used to enforce the Order and provide compensation for financial loss re pension share, maintenance arrears and enforcement of spousal maintenance order in going forward. Husband's states, these personal assets cannot be used to enforce the order or, provided to the (me) Wife as financial remedy of the above listed legal financial matters due to company and U.S. SEC regulations, and this being in relation to Preferred, Common and Restricted stock. Is this correct?
Expert:  Clare replied 23 days ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** however can I ask if you want to know about UK or US law on the matter?