How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33946
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am separated from my husband and he remains in the family

Customer Question

I am separated from my husband and he remains in the family home and we are doing a transfer of equity. He is paying me a sum to remove my name from the property. I have just received a letter from his solicitors with the TR1 form to sign. If I sign this form am I guaranteed to get the money?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry, just realised. I'm from the UK.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I had one previously but they closed the file when my ex stopped attending mediation.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No. I don't think so. I'm happy enough with the sum offered.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are you happy with the agreement that you have reached?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Then you can sign the TR1 and return it to his solicitor (not him) saying that it should be "held to your order" pending payment of the money to you

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. I'll do that. I was just worried because someone told me that I needed to make sure that I received an assurance from my ex's Solicitors that I would be paid the money but there was no mention of it in their letter to me.Should I mention the amount in my letter to them or just the word money.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

You can put in the agreed amount so "pending payment of the xxxx that is due to be paid to me in respect of the property"

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

You are most welcome I hope all goes well

Related UK Family Law Questions