Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB (HONS) Over 23 years legal experience specialising in Property law and Wills/Estates
16368554

My husband is the power of attorney mum and I knowin the

Customer Question

Hi, my husband is the power of attorney for his mum and I knowin the past she has given us money but ivejust found out he has not got a job and been using her money to live on. Is that illegal?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. Does your husband have a Lasting Power of Attorney, do you know? Kid Regards Al

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not sure
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Ok. Well, your husband is indeed breaching his powers, whatever power of attorney he has, as an Attorney's duty o look after his Mother's assets.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is that illegal though and could I be implicated as we have a joint account

Hi, it is illegal if your husband is spending his mother's money as if it was his own. As regards ***** ***** you are of course not guilty unless you are also knowingly using his mother's money. If a third party were to register a complaint concerning your husband's behaviour to the Office of the Public Guardian, they can in turn, notify the Police. Your husband should therefore immediately stop using his mother's money. Kind Regards Al

Hi, if I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al

Please don't forget to rate my answer, if I have helped. Thanks Al