Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I have a child whom my ex partner never put me on the birth

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a child whom my ex partner never put me on the birth certificate and has now refused twic to do a dna test through the csa. How do i go about putting this into court? or is the a better way?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have had advise to go through csa but not court action
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: not really, id judt like to know if she is mine and have been stopped from seeing her for the last year by the mother. She has done the same thing with her other sons dad
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old is the Child and how has the CSA been involved?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
she has just turnt eight and i was advised to stop my money and then she contacted the csa and opened a case in which she refused a dna test. I have been trying since she was born to get put on the birth certificate ect, but with no joy. I have not seen her for jut over a year because i stopped my payments and she has changed contact number, so i cant even have contact with her
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have also tried mediation and this did not work
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

Then you need to apply for a Child Arrangement Order via the Courts so that you can establish a regular pattern of contact - and within that you can ask the court to Order a DNA test.

Your starting point is to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting with a family mediator and then you can apply to the court using a form C100 and paying the fee of £215.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

You are most welcome