Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

My wife has claimed under oath in Divorce Proceedings that

Customer Question

My wife has claimed under oath in Divorce Proceedings that I refused Mediation, which is totally untrue and I have three emails I sent to her Solicitors that I did offer mediation, yet the Judge refused to allow me to submit the evidence at the hearing. I have now been granted leave to appeal at the first application. Does Perjury invalidate an entire statement given under oath?
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am a litigant in Person as I cannot afford to instruct a lawyer
JA: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have written to her Lawyer point out that she lied when she answered a question from her counsel in Court claiming I had refused mediation
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.is this a Final Financial hearing?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I keep being asked to log in again. I ave authorised one payment of £22.00 I don't wish to authorise it again and have it claimed twice
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
Was the evidence given at a Final hearing - and what is the significance of the mediation issue?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes the evidence was given at the final hearing. It was introduced by her Counsel and I was refused permission to rebut it. Also the Judge went onto make an award (£138,000) that I do not possess that effectively was compensation through the back door, despite rejecting her last minute claims of undue influence and conduct
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
What was the percentage division of the assets between you?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
100% to her and half my pension of £700 per month which I was awarded in 1988 before I met her
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
Unfortunately the fact that you can prove she lied on the Mediation point does not automatically invalidate the rest of her Statement - so I hope that you have other grounds of appeal as well.However it does bring into question her veracity on any other issues where there is a dispute.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details