Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Is this a free service? JA: The Family Lawyer's require payment

Customer Question

is this a free service?
JA: The Family Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: ok
JA: The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes amd in the process of appointing one, i just had one legal query
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: collaborative law
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: but my current query has to do a with a declaration of trust
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: it's ok, dont worry, thanks, ***** ***** wanted a quick answer, but if it's not possible then i will just go through the standard route of appointing a lawyer
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but need some further informtaion firstWhat would you like stop know?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
currently i am living with my partner, we have been separated for a few months now and trying to move on. we have two children together. i travel extensively for work and my ex partner looks after the children. we own two houses, one house jointly (with mortgage) and one house, our main home, with a declaration of trust (95% mine, 5% his). He says that I can only ask him to move out if I force a sale. i need to have a better understanding of the legal system in this sense.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
Are you married?How much are the properties worth and ho much is outstanding on the mortgages?How old are the children?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi claire, here are the information:property 1 - interest only mortgage - 3 bedrooms - 187,000 - worth about 250,000 - maybe more but it's on the threshold of stamp dutyproperty 2 - interest only mortgage - 327,000 - i put in 122,000 deposit, my ex partner 5,000 - current market value 525,000children with my ex partner : oliver 11, william 9I also have a son who is 21 and was the victim of physical maltreatment from my ex partner, social services and the police were involved in 2011 - but no formal charge was made against himI hope this helps, by the way i just want to make sure that this is a UK service?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
I am indeed based in the UK!Please confirm that you are not married - and who the children will live with after separation
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We are not married. We are still deciding about the children, but we are looking at sharing their care, so that they spend time with both as we own two houses. My ex partner is being very uncooperative and essentially refuses to leave and move to the other house, saying that I can't force him.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
Would the second property be a suitable home for either of you?