How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33802
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend is Albanian, has a permanent residency in UK,

Customer Question

my friend is Albanian, has a permanent residency in UK, married to an englishman in Italy. Can the divorce take place in Albania?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My question is does the UK recognise divorce in Albania?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Where do the couple actually live?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, the couple are living in Albania at the moment
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then yes the divorce can take place in Albania and it will be recognised here in the UK.

Please ask if you need further details