Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have had a final hearing re my divorce back in July yet my

Customer Question

I have had a final hearing re my divorce back in July yet my ex is refusing to pay any maintenance but off setting it against our house, he pays the mortgage and some bills. He is refusing to show what the bills are (in his name) and it has taken over 6 months to get his permission to put the house on the market. In effect I am paying his mortgage (joint ownership)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He has refused to sign ther final hearing consent order and has changed what the judge said e.g. she said he had to put the house on the market immediately and pay me maintenance, plus give me some payment from shares he owned. He has refused and letters have just bounced between solicitors at a large cost to me. He also in July said his shares he retained for the company he works for were worth the 200k he put into the company and yet in November there was press saying the business was for sale. He denies it. If it is sold he will get a considerable sum yet the judge ruled he could keep them. Suggestions?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

when is the matter next in court