How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13460
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I divorced my wife many years ago. We had two children who

Customer Question

I divorced my wife many years ago. We had two children who are now 18 and 16. I don't have to pay any maintenance anymore. When we got divorced I signed the house over to her all but £20k the mortgage was paid for by me for years also all my equity brought the house in the first place. The house is worth about £300k and I am in severe financial hardship, the question is could I have a claim over getting more money from the house?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Which part of the Uk are you in and was there a Court Order dealing with the finances?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We used Divorce Online and i did the financial thing there as to if it was a court order I don't know.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

When you say 'financial thing" do you have a copy of it?

Related UK Family Law Questions