Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

My partner won access to my daughter in 2010 by 2011 an

Customer Question

My partner won access to my daughter in 2010 by 2011 an argument broke out over his ex he then refused to see her, he is now denying this and saying I stopped access but in the 4 years he hasn't seen her the reason for this is he has not had the money to take me back to court for contempt of my court order, he does not pay for her but has gone on to have two more children now he some how has found the money to take me back to court, during the time he hasn't seen her it's caused her a lot of issues which we are now over I feel him coming back after 4 years will be detrimental to her and now she is settled with a lovely routin and is very happy she is 8 years old and has no desire to see him. How will I stand defending myself in court?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What has he actually applied for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has applied for contact he did win contact at first In An access centre as my daughter had never met him before, after some time it went back to court where we agreed he could pick her up every Tuesday and every other Saturday. This lasted 2/3 weeks then he started changing the days which I agreed to as he said it was work commitment. He has stated now that it was me who kept changing the days and made it hard this is a lie!!! He then had an argument with my daughter Xmas over his girlfriend he defended her and called my daughter a liar he then stopped seeing her for 4 years now he has applied again for access but is saying it was me who broke the court order. During the time he was seeing her she wasn't happy that the girlfriend never give them time alone, and she felt un comfortable round her she become a very nervous un settled little girl who started to suck her thumb and twiddle her hair to the e treat that she was bald one side of her head ... She is now starting to do this again at the thought of having to see him sgain
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay - how old is your daughter now?