Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I am looking guide to completing an appeal notice to present

Customer Question

I am looking for a guide to completing an appeal notice to present to the High Court Family Division. I need to know what will be accepted as a reason to appeal a case for relocation. The case is one of a mother applying for permission to remove a child to UAE. A shared custody order is in place at present. The appeal is being made by the father against the mother.
Category: UK Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By 'looking for a guide' I mean 'direction' and 'advice ' as to how to complete the Appeal Form. We do not want to chance our reasons for appeal to be rejected at the first hurdle.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

What reasons did the Judge give for agreeing to the move - and what evidence was heard?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He did not give an exact reason but said that the mother had permission to relocate.
The judge seemed bias towards the mother and spoke privately in his chambers to her before proceeding with the final day of the Hearing. The father was unfortunately late for court but phoned ahead to explain he had been delayed.
There was a CAFCASS report , evidence from the mother to support her application. No affidavits or expert evidence. The fathers evidence was not fully read.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The couple have a Shared Custody Order
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What did the CAFCASS report recommend?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The report was about the wishes and thoughts and feelings of the son about moving. The report found that he was well balanced and mature. He was happy to relocate but would be just as happy to stay where he is at present
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How old is the child?

When was the Order made and what grounds do you wish to base the appeal upon?