How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: UK Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13455
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
Type Your UK Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex partner left our family home on the 23rd of october of

Customer Question

Hi. my ex partner left our family home on the 23rd of october of her own volition. we are joint tenents in a council flat. i have lived here for 6 years or so, and currently still reside here with my 12 yr old daughter, with home i have custody. (this child is from a previous relationship). On the 2nd of December i was served with an occupation order and a non molestation order in favour of my ex, which was to be put in effect immediately. this in effect made me and my daughter homeless. i went to the court the next day and applied to have these orders stayed, as the hearing to grant the orders was made without my knowledge, and i had had no opportunity to put forward my side of the case. (along with being served these orders on the 2nd, i was also given notice of a hearing listed for the 9th of december, to decide if the orders should remain in effect). the judge accepted it was wrong to make the orders of the 2nd and in effect granted my wish, so i am still residing at home. as i only have till wed to prepare a case, and as i will have no representation as legal aid wont be available to me, ans also as i am suffering from depression and anxiety, even more so due to the current circumstances, i am wondering if it wd be possible to get the hearing of the 9th adjourned/postponed. i have evidence from my doctor stating my illness and am seeing her again n monday to explain this new situation and to try get her to write to the court saying i am unable to attend due to illness. this would also give me the opportunity to get as much advice as possible. does this sound like som ethihg that could be successful? how wd i go about submitting forms or doctors notes to the family court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.?

Where is your ex staying at present and do you have any children together?

Did your ex live there prior to your moving in?

Related UK Family Law Questions