Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

LAWYERS ONLY. BEWARE ANY FOREIGN LAWYERS WHO TRY TO ANSWER

Customer Question

FOR UK LAWYERS ONLY. BEWARE ANY FOREIGN LAWYERS WHO TRY TO ANSWER MY QUESTION AND DELAY MY RESPONSE FROM A UK LAWYER. RIGHT, MY QUESTION IS THIS.. MY GODAUGHTER SPLIT FROM HER CHILD'S FATHER 10YRS AGO, ON MY ADVICE, WHEN HE FAILED TO STEP UP AND AFTER
TRYING TO PERSUADE HER TO HAVE AN ABORTION WHICH MARKED THE END OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP. 2 YRS AGO THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER AND HE SEEMED TO EMBRACE BEING A FATHER AND THEY ALL MOVED INTOGETHER IN HIS DEAD MOTHER'S HOME AND IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS WORKING OUT OKAY
THE INFORMATION WE GOT WAS THAT HE HAD CHANGED THE DEEDS OF HIS HOUSE TO MAKE MY GODAUGHTER EQUAL OWNER OF THIS HOUE BUT IT HAS NOT WORKED OUT WITH THE VILLAGE BEING FULL OF SNOBS AND HER DAUGHTER BEING BULLIED AT SCHOOL AND SHE WANTS TO MOVE HER DAUGHTER
BACK TO WHITLEY BAY TO BE AMONG HER FAMILY. FATHER ORIGINALLY AGREED TO SELL UP AND MOVE HOUSE TO MAKE THE DAUGHTER HAPPY BUT HAS SINCE CHANGED HIS MIND AND DECIDED HE WILL NOT ACCEPT A LOWER PRICE REFLECTING THE OUTDATE D STATE OF THE HOUSE. SO HE IS NOT
GOING TO SELL THIS HOUSE QUICKLY IN ORDER TO BUY A NEW HOUSE IN THE PLACE WHERE HIS DAUGHTER CAN ATTEND SCHOOL DESPITE A SHITE CREDIT RATING AND A LACK OF FUNDS FATHER IS NOW DECIDING HE WILL NOT SELL FOR LESS THAN THE MARKET VALUE EVEN THOUGH HE DOES NOT
HAVE THE £15K IT WOULD TAKE TO UPDATE THE HOUSE AND NO PROSPECT OF RAISING A LOAN TO COVER THESE COSTS. MY GODAUGHTER HAS NOW FACED THE FACT THAT HE JUST DOES NOT WANT TO GIVE UP HIS MOTHER'S HOUSE DESPITE THE MISERY HIS DAUGHTER IS EXPERIENCING AT SCHOOL
AND THE FACT THAT SHE HAS ACTUALLY BEEN CAUGHT SELF-HARMING THREE TIMES MY QUESTION IS THIS - IF HE DID INDEED TRANSFER PART OWNERSHIP OF THIS HOUSE WHAT CAN SHE DO TO LEGALLY FORCE A SALE SO THAT SHE CAN BUY A PROPERTY IN A DIFFERENT AREA WHERE HER CHILD
WILL NOT BE BULLIED AT SCHOOL. THEY ARE NOT ACTUALLY MARRIED BUT WHEN THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER SHE TOLD ME THAT HE HAD LEGALLY OWNED UP TO BEING HER BABY'S FATHER - WITH NEW BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND MADE PROVISIONS FOR BOTH MOTHER AND DAUGHTER TO BE SECURE IN THE
EVENT OF HIS DEPOSE. HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BUT HE WAS WORRIED THAT DISTANT COUSINS MIGHT APPEAR OUT OF THE WOODWORK IN THE EVENT OF HIS DEATH WELL IT DIDNT WORK OUT - HE IS A CONTROL FREAK THAT SHE NOW WANTS TO ESCAPE FOR A SECOND TIME BUT MY
PROBLEM IS THIS. IF HE HAS DEEDED HALF OF THE HOUSE TO HER HOW DOES SHE GO ABOUT FORCING A SALE SO SHE CAN BUY A NEW HOME FOR HER AND THEIR CHILD A) HOW DO I ESTABLISH WHETHER HE ACTUALLY TRANSFERED EQUITY OF HIS INHERITED HOUSE TO HIS PARTNER (MY GODDAUGHTER)
AND THEIR DAUGHTER (WHO IS ALSO MY GODAUGTER) THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE IF SHE WANT TO APPLY TO MY LOCAL COUNCIL AS HOMELESS I WILL HAVE TO PROVE THAT SHE HAS NO OWNERSHIP OF THE HOUSE AND CANNOT FORCE A SALE
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Just to check - how old is the child now?