Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

Clare, My ex-husband and I agreed a financial split

Customer Question

Hi Clare, My ex-husband and I agreed a financial split privately when we divorced. It included what would happen to the proceeds of a commercial property we jointly own. all assets were split as per the agreement but the commercial have not sold then as our separation happened two and a half years ago and the commercial has only literally just had an offer on it. To complicate matters I have remarried and my ex-husband is currently serving a 16 years jailed term for attempted murder as he stabbed my new husband four times in a jealous rage. honestly I'm not making this up our case was all over the pressll! anyway I have been maintaining the mortgage payment on the commercial property for the last 12 months since he went to jail and have been desperately truing to sell it. A buyer have now been found for with an offer only 5K under the asking price so it was accepted. My ex-husband has appointed his father (80years old and losing the plot) as his POA. His father has now advised t
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Was the agreement recorded in writing anywhere?
Clare