Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Court order in place .daughter age 11 refuses to go only

Customer Question

Court order in place for contact.daughter age 11 refuses to go only wants indirect contact ongoing medical condition makes her feel unsafe un his care .what do I do force her to go?this would be very stressful and could cause her to have a seizure which is usually the case when contact is mentioned.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

The law basically says that you should encourage and make her available to attend contact - particualry where she is 11 years of age. If she is simply refusing to go - then you should speak with father to see if there is a way to resolve matters - otherwise because there is a court order in place you would need to apply to the court to vary or suspend the original court order (you would use a form C2) and the court would consider the matter further. If you fail to make such an application then you will be in brach of the order and he can apply for enforcement of the order.

Please rate positively

I hope this helps - can you please rate me positively - thanks - any other questions don't hesitate to ask