Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I am looking at more info on mesher orders

Customer Question

Hi I am looking at more info on mesher orders
Category: UK Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Could you give me some background about what you wish to know?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Myself and my wife have been married for 7 years. We have a 2 year old.
We are both full time employed. I earn 60k and my wife 32k
We have a house that we owe 226k on the joint mortgage. Houses on our street at selling between 470k and 500k.
My wife has talked to a solicitor and is adamant that she is to stay in the house. She's is taking about a mesher order.
I have talked to a solicitor and they didn't think a mesher order would be likely.
I beileve myself and my wife could have enough released equity from the sale of the house.
My wife wants to stay in the area we are, unfortunately prices are too high. By looking 10-15 mins away we could both afford properties. Her Desire is a want rather than a need.
In principle I am not against a mesher order however I believe it would be better for both parties to have a clean break.
Regards
Jamie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are going to mediation however I am concerned my wife may escalate matters before we have chance to sit down and talk with the mediator.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither of us have savings, have little or no cc debt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I would like shared residency with our child. If a mesher order was imposed i would not be able to afford adequate accommodation (rental) to house my child when I had access.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
How much will a cheaper two bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a 3 bed house now but 2 bed flats are available 5-10 miles away from 240k to 290k
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
is that in a suitable school area?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure, there are lots of schools in the area. From my initial research I have been able to find schools that could be suitable
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Which part of the country do you live in?
Clare