Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

My wife's solicitors have written to me to let me know

Customer Question

My wife's solicitors have written to me to let me know that she intends to file for divorce. My wife and I have begun the process of dividing up our possessions. However, I will be leaving the country for two week soon, and my wife has threatened to bring a locksmith to the house when I'm away and remove anything she 'considers to be hers'. I live in a house, rent-free, provided by my employer; my wife hasn't lived their since April of 2014, and hasn't been in the house since December 2014.
I have no intention of holding on to goods that we both consider to be hers, but I don't want her taking stuff from the house while I'm away. Can I prevent this?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for requesting me but I don't do family work I'm afraid. I will opt out for others.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. ***** need to ask this elsewhere, or should I wait until someone else sees the question?