Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

There I need some help with knowing if my ex partner will

Customer Question

Hi there I need some help with knowing if my ex partner will be able to gain 50/50
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Are you married? Can you please provide some more information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm not married, has signed birth certificate. He has rented accommodation few streets away from us, the 2 overnight stays per week he has with him are not at that rented accommodation but at my ex partners parents family home as he says it's bigger and more toys there.
He works full time at the moment sub contracted self employed,so he doesn't return him on the morning of the midweek stay his mother does.
He has been to prison whilst I was pregnant for 3 months then released on tag. This was GBH in 2013.
He continually tries to change the routine for the overnight stays, even so that he try's to stop my parents having a formightly visit with there grandson
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also work self played part time as a beautician running my own business from a salon thursday Friday Saturday. Whilst I'm at work he goes to a nursery 2 minutes from my place of work where he has gone since he was 5 months old now 18 months... He loves it there. I have worked part time since him being 5 months to provide our son as I've always been a single parent. I provide for the both of us and have rented my accomodation for 7 years now.
His father was always staying at different addresses previous to him getting this shared housing
how old is the child?
From what you have provided it is clear that he is spending time with the child and this includes overnight contact. If either of you were to issue court proceedings then it would appear that the Court would make a child arrangement order (residence) in your favour with the child to spend time with the father in a regulated fashion. Because of the prison element I would be very surprised if the Court were to make this a 50-50 share. It would be more likely to be in the region of a share of holidays and him to have alternate weekend contact - perhaps an evening meal in the week with the child. Please remember to rate positively.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes right now my child is 18 months so at the moment we have no school holidays but would that be something we'd have to consider, to have to share the school holidays
If the matter gores to court then the court tries to think about the long term prospect - so yes they do look at the share of holidays etc