Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I agreed under poor advice to a nmo on the 16.4.14. I have

Customer Question

I agreed under poor advice to a nmo on the 16.4.14. I have asked my solicitor and the police repeatedly to get access to the matrimonial home. I still have not had access to get my personal possessions. The ex was calling the police when leaving the children home from contact, saying I was verbally abusing her. I was taken to court for 4 alleged breaches of this nmo. the judge dismissed the case and told my wife that this was noway to resolve a marital dispute. her father is an ex detective inspector in special branch northern Ireland. they have consistently harassed me. I am a professional person.
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
You are entitled to your personal possessions. If this can not be agreed amicably then you may wish to consider bringing the matter back to court. It is very common even under a NMO to make allowances for such items to be collected/returned.