Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

The CSA scheme finishes this week and will move to cms

Customer Question

The CSA scheme finishes for me this week and will move to cms unless a mutual agreement re payments is reached. I've offered £500 pm then £700, and now £750pm. My ex partner wants a minimum of £1,000. The cms calculation will work out at around £700 when I'm working, less when I'm not working.. In the last 6 years, I have paid £100k in total plus £30k rent plus £33k into a trust for the children. The relationship is very bitter and I feel my ex partner should also be contributing to cost of upbringing which she is reluctant to do. She is now threatening legal action.
I am confident I'm trying to be reasonable but I do have £50k savings which is earmarked for a house for me (currently living with new partner).
Should I be concerned about threatened court action especially as I have £50k savings?
Category: UK Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was never married to my ex partner. She lives in a 5 bedroom house with her new partner of 5 years and has two young children with her partner, as well as joint custody of my two children who live with her.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What was your gross income from all sources last year?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Annual gross income up to May 2014 = £150.000. Zero income from June 2014 to 12th March 2015 as did not work. Annual gross income from 12th March 2015 ongoing expected to be £60,000.Please note: since 12th March 2015, I have been sole director of my limited company. I pay myself an annual salary of £7800 gross and gross dividends of around £52,000, hence the above £60,000 annual gross figure. The remainder of invoiced sales remains in the company account and will most likely be paid into my personal SIPP pension.Steve