Clare
Clare, Family Solicitor
Experience:  25 years experience of all aspects of family law
13262538

I'm a teacher earning46k and my husband is a consultant earning73

Customer Question

I'm a teacher earning46k and my husband is a consultant earning73k
In October he told me he has decided he is gay after nearly 27 years of marriage. I want to stay in my village community as does my youngest son. My husband won't have a problem getting a mortgage to stay here but I will - I'll need more than half the equity of the house. My community is very important to me and my son- all his friends are here and I have lots if connections that make me feel safe. Apart from the fact I feel like my life has been obliterated I desperately want to fight to have enough money to buy a small house here. If we separate will I be due any spousal allowance and child maintenance?
Category: UK Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is your son?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Youngest son is 13 eldest 17
House worth 500,000 but could get more possibly - paid off approx 200000 but could get accurate figure tomorrow. I so desperately want to stay in this village - what he's put me through and is putting he through is extremely traumatic. Losing a husbNd, now facing losing my home, community where we feel safe and potentially my son as well. He's saying he'll try to stay here but won't struggle to get a mortgage. I'm looking at not living anywhere near- away from my so s lift to school. Feel he is getting everything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm struggling to egg through Clare. Have you received my answer?